Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Garden of 2010

Our garden this year is doing great. We planted a few weeks later this year because the weather was so crazy this spring but things are really going nuts now. We planted cantaloupe, pumpkins, watermelons, carrots, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, habaneros, tons of tomatoes, crookneck, zucchini, cucumbers, cherry and grape tomatoes, honeydew melons, and a ton of green beans. We also planted giant mammoth sunflowers. Some of them are about 8 ft. tall and just starting to open. The kids have had a lot of fun watching them get so big. We have a few pumpkins but one of them is around 50 lbs already. The green beans have gone crazy. Rob now calls me beaner. This last week I picked 2 overflowing 5 gallon buckets full. I've been picking them about once a week. So far I have bottled around 70 quarts. Guess its a good thing I love green beans. My tomato plants are loaded and are now starting to ripen. All my peppers have done awesome. I can't believe the amount each plant can hold. I picked a 5 gallon bucket of bell peppers yesterday. I have already put a lot in the freezer so I gave all of them away. We have been very blessed with our garden this year. I guess all that praying we did for it must have worked. Its nice to see all the time and work we have put into it pay off. And its a lot prettier to look at than all the weeds and stuff that was back there before.



No comments:

Post a Comment