Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

To make a long story short...we are going to be moving back to Oak City. We had an opportunity to buy the house we lived in for a few years before moving to Vernal so we are going to go back. We loved living in Oak City. It is a really great small town. We had great neighbors and a great ward. I'm excited to go back and pick up where we left off. I'm excited that the kids won't have to adjust to another new place. They will be going back to the only thing they have ever known. We moved into this house when the boys were just 1 year old. They have asked constantly since we moved to Vernal if we can just go back home to Oak City. They are very excited and happy to be going back. I'm not looking forward to the mess of moving again, but I know it will be worth it in the end. We can't wait to get our big grassy yard back. And I'm thrilled to get my huge garden space. I didn't do a garden this year and I missed it. I've been saying all summer that I was homesick for my lawnmower so I will be glad to get it out of storage and start mowing the lawn again. These are a few pictures of the house from when we lived there.

The front of the house

The back of the house

A view of the garden from the deck just off the dining room

1 comment:

  1. That is great! It's not very often people get to move back into the same house! My mom was asking me to get your address from you, but now that you're moving back I guess I can just tell her that it will be the same address as the one you had before. When is moving day?

    ReplyDelete