Thursday, April 16, 2009

Potty Trainin' and Nose Pickin'

I'm sure you can guess by the title of this post what we have been dealing with lately. Some days I think we may never actually be done with the potty training. Ryder is doing well..still has a few accidents, Ranger will go as long as I always take him about every 10 minutes..if I don't remember to take him he won't tell me. I try to take him but I forget a lot or I get sidetracked with something else. Robby still doesn't want anything to do with it. I did get him to sit on the potty the other day but of course we didn't get any results. I keep hoping that one day it will all just click for them. That would be a great day. I can't wait to stop buying diapers. It is so hard for me to hand over the money that we spend on them. I keep thinking of all the other things I could do with it. I know the day will eventually come. I am not the most patient person so I guess that is probably one lesson I need to learn from it. I was very lucky when training Railey..she picked it up fast and never had accidents. Lately, the boys have decided that picking their noses is the thing to do. I also think it is contagious between them..it's like if one sees another one do it their finger automatically goes there too. Gross!!! In our house it's like there is a recording that goes off every few minutes of "mom..a booger" At least I can be grateful they tell me about it and they ask for a tissue. And every night without fail..as soon as we put them to bed and leave the room I give them about 1-2 minutes and someone will call out "I got a booger" or "I need to pee mom" What do you do? You can't get mad at them. I know that sometimes they do it to stall but I still have to let them. I know that one day we will think back about this and laugh and have good memories. I know this is just what everyone wanted to hear about. Sorry..but it seems to be one of the main events in our lives right now. I will show you some courtesy though by not posting a picture of it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of being a mother and just when I thought I was half way through bam we get to start over again. Oh well we wouldnt trade it for anything.

    ReplyDelete