Monday, April 5, 2010

Nat's Nursery

This year we decided we wanted to try and grow our own starts from seed for our garden instead of buying them at the nursery. We found the seeds for 10 packets for $1.00 so we got a lot of packets. I think we have everything we want to grow and shouldn't have to buy anything if it all grows well. I found the trays fairly cheap and we can reuse them next year. We set up a couple tables in our basement and hung a shop light over them. They are in the same room as our fireplace so the room is nice and warm. They are looking really good. I also decided to try to do all my flowers by seed too. Those seed were also 10 for $1.00. For just a few dollars I have planted over 300 flower containers. Question is will they all produce something? I hope so. I have a lot of space in my yard. The more flowers and color, the better. I love to watch things grow and bloom. I love to spend the entire day in the yard and can't wait for it to warm up so we can. Let's just hope the starts continue to grow well and turn out to be great plants. Only time will tell.



3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I am always amazed at everything you guys are doing! You really put the rest of us to shame!!!
    Evan had looked at your blog this week and told me about this and I had to get on to see it for myself! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I love doing things like that-my degree is in horticulture not sure if you knew-and your basement looks just like my college classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you! Looks like your plants are growing well. I wish I had a green thumb. I try over and over every year but haven't had much luck yet. I am hoping this year is the year that something of mine grows.

    ReplyDelete